I'ma multi-disciplinary specializing in ceramics, casting and recently been exploring interactive design as an output for recent projects
Using this experience I’ve often advised and consulted artists looking to create sculptural out of materials to replicate marble or to replicate shapes in ceramics to alter the connotations of the object to show in galleries in exhibitions since graduating.
I was involved in a group exhibition in West Silvertown, an exhibition called Underground on the Up, where I advised the curator Andrew Gillman, on how to cast and encapsulate 90s relics to display using a variety of casting resins, as well as replicating some objects using the Jesmonite Casting system.
Most recently I was Giovanni Vetere’s consultant regarding his recent works which he wanted to create of ceramics, as well as the fabrication of a plaster counterpart which was made of plaster with an armature and hessian structure, coated with an epoxy resin to replicate a glazed ceramic sculpture. This was due to exhibit at Lychee One Gallery in East London, however, due to recent circumstances it has been pushed back.
Recently I’ve adapted to creating virtual works, 3D mapping objects using to work in augmented reality to work in ‘Virtual exhibitions’. Currently helping a fashion designer-maker called Celia Rollan to create virtual garments to use in social media, away her practise can develop during social distancing.
Kyle Ramsey (b. 1996, UK)
· Truro College, Foundation Diploma in Art and Design 2015
· Camberwell College of Arts, Bachelor Degree in Three- Dimensional Design 2018
· Glasgow School of Art, Masters Degree in Science, Heritage Visualisation 2021
· 2018 China-UK Beijing Winter Olympic Ceramic Design Exchange, Honav and British Ceramic Biennial, Beijing/Jingdezhen, China
. 2019 Alumni Symposium, Lecturer, Camberwell College of the Arts (UAL), London
· 2019 The Kiln Rooms Work Exchange, London
· 2017 Camberwell Cookbook, Beckenham Place Park, London
· 2018 Interim Show, Wilson Road, London
· 2018 LOOK SHOP PIT STOP, Cycle PS, London
· 2018 Undergraduate Degree Show, Camberwell College of Arts, London
· 2018 New Designers, Business Design Centre, London
· 2018 Tech Your Time Pres. SLIP, Beach Blanket Babylon, London
· 2019 Rising Stars 2019, New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham
· 2019 Underground On The Up, The Silver Building, London
· 2019 Liki Bebé, The Five Bells, London
· 2019 British Ceramic Biennial, The China Hall, Stoke-en- Trent
· Mercedes, Loula: “In conversation with: BA 3D Design student Kyle Ramsey”, Camberwell College of Arts Blog,
3 July 2018
· Freeborn, Gavin: “Life After UAL: Ceramicist Kyle Ramsey”, Chelsea College of Arts Blog, 18 December 2018
. Comam, Mihaela: “Kyle Ramsey”, Rising Stars 2019 Catalogue, 2 March 2019